Saturday, April 3, 2010

Seriously Sore

I am so sore. Yesterday, determined not to let another stormy, rainy, windy day pass by without some kind of physical activity, E and I turned on P90X's Core Synergistics video - 59 minutes of hard work. E couldn't make it all the way through, but I persevered, and even did the 17 minute ab ripper video afterward. Seeing E's inability to make it through the videos made me realize that hot yoga and running have put me into pretty good shape. Granted, I'm so sore today I can only sit, stand and walk with pain and difficulty... And when we'd finished working out the sun decided to shine and the rain went away. I decided to put 4.5 miles away, and we drove north where I could run on dry pavement. All told, it was about 2 hours of working out and I felt beat.

I notice after especially hard workouts that I have trouble sleeping that night - the physical muscle and joint discomfort makes me toss and turn for hours. Also might be related to my monthly cycle?

Have also started drinking chocolate almond rice protein shake once daily. Probably best after working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment