Sunday, April 18, 2010

6 miles - finally

Wow, that took a long time, but I'm back. I ran 6 miles yesterday and hadn't run for an entire week! Thanks to many people I was able to get back out there and remember why I run, and that it's easy to run.

This past week was a difficult one for me in many ways. I don't know if I sidelined my running schedule as a consequence of my bad week, or if sidelining was the cause of my bad week. It is difficult for me to tell (age old chicken/egg type thing). A couple of emails to friends resulted in sage advice (mainly: get out there and run!) and slight pressure to accompany other on "outings" resulted in a plan to actually run.

So there it is. A week of no running made for a painful last two miles. 1 through 4 felt great. 4 through 6 felt like I was going to die. I had to walk four times because my psoas were flaring and cramping, but I think I still finished in under 58 minutes and beat my Whale Run time. Feels good to think that my base run is 6 miles. I plan to run at least two more times this week, and go to yoga twice.

I also have the hot tub up and running again, and soaked my weary bones this morning for 20 minutes before sunrise... aaah, how I love the hot pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment