Thursday, May 6, 2010

Women's bootcamp and 5(?) mi.

Tuesday I celebrated the 1 year anniversary of the Women's Bootcamp by attending a free morning workout session on the beach. Apparently, this group meets 3 times a week for cardio/plyo/weights/yoga in the wonderful outdoors. I enjoyed the session and took each exercise to the max. As a result, my arms were really sore yesterday because I never do any upper body work (other than yoga vinyasas).

Yesterday I decided to take a run after work, and ran the trails around the house. It's still ridiculously windy here but the trails were somewhat protected. I ran about 50 minutes, which usually ends up being just over 5 miles for me. Could have been more. I felt great, and again, could have run more.

I've created a great new running playlist and can't wait to try it out. Not sure I'll be running very much over the weekend - I'll be taking special care of my joints - but will try to do ab ripper and take a walk if I can't run.

Also considering adding swimming to my routine...used to swim a lot in college and am reinspired by our new aquatic center.

No comments:

Post a Comment