Monday, May 24, 2010

longest run of my life

Yesterday I ran 7 miles. I had it in my mind that I would finish 6 for sure, and I was able to keep the power going and get 7 whole miles in. Wow. It didn't feel much harder than the first time I ran 6 miles. My legs started to feel pretty heavy during mile 6, and I definitely have my super awesome running playlist to thank (more than once!). So wow.

I ate some delicious homemade vegetable and wild rice soup after a really long stretching session, and drank tons of water. A 30 minute hot tub, and soapy shower later, we had a great dinner and hit the sack. Today my knees are slightly sore, and I know my muscle soreness is close at hand too. Today I'd like to follow it up with a yoga class (at either 4:30 or 6), and ab ripper x. Maybe even some pushups.

Definite plans to go swimming this week as the forecast calls for rain. I need to find my goggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment