Friday, August 3, 2012

Week of Vacations!

This past week I've had the opportunity to indulge in two different mini-vacations, which is why I haven't posted in a while. The first was a two-night camping extravaganza in Boonville for the Boontfling Disc Golf tournament at the Anderson Valley Brewing Company. I wish I had practiced up a bit and entered the women's division - first prize was a growler with FREE REFILLS FOR LIFE. Um, hello. My seester drove up the coast from Santa Cruz and we spent the day looking at farm sites, perusing the farmer's market, checking out the Not-So-Simple-Living fair, hiking in Hendy Woods and enjoying an ESB in the biergaarten. And it was WARM (the weather, not the beer).
Early this week I traveled again - this time down to SF for shopping, eating, enjoying our awesome hotel, and GIANTS. It was a great win for the orange and black, and the only one in a long stretch of losses that hopefully ends today. Hmmm.

And I'm not one for gyms, but every now and then I love a good machine-centered workout. I coerced my youngest sister into spending an hour with me at the hotel gym, where we elliptical-ed, treadmill-ed and stationary bik-ed to our hearts content, all the while watching the Olympics on our own personal TVs. We then lounged by the pool, splashed around and sauna-ed until it was time to check out.
We ate a delicious brunch at The Grove, which I highly recommend. Eggs Florentine with arugula, avocado, and Parmesan hollandaise sauce with hashed potatoes and a huge mug of coffee. Not exactly on the "clean eating plan". Come to think of it, neither were the gluten free crepes I just made myself for breakfast. Maybe I should sign up for the accountability roll call?

No comments:

Post a Comment