Thursday, August 9, 2012

July Recap

I just went through and re-read a lot of this blog. I didn't realize I've been at it for over two years! This is ridiculous, and exciting. I know it's not the end or beginning of the month, but for nostalgia's sake, I'm going to recap my life right now. 

Miles Planned/Ran: Let's say 18. (I'm currently in the middle of week four of my own self-designed fitness plan that includes lots of strength/aerobic training, 1 yoga class per week, 1 run per week, and 1 rest day per week, so the running questions aren't that applicable.)
Rest Days Planned/Taken: 3
Highest Mileage Week: It's not longer about the mileage. It's about sweating every. single. day.
Long Runs Planned/Ran: 3/3

Current Book: Finished Wild, The Rugged Road, & Animal Farm last month, and am now reading The Long Way. 
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: A ridiculously decadent Olympic viewing tea party with non-GF treats, several Pimms cups, and far-out hats.
Current Obsessions: Honestly? Fat Loss. Why? Something to do.
Current Drink: Maté! New found craving for healthy food and feeling good has me alternating my morning cup of coffee with Maté. Nice!
Current Song: Jack Sparrow. The SNL Michael Bolton version. Can you believe it?
Current Wish-List: Well, my brand new sleeping bag just came in the mail so... wish granted!
Current Need: a meaningful way to make progress towards my life goals
Current Triumph: Sticking with my self-designed workout plan for 3+ weeks, trying a spin class yesterday, and successfully maintaining the eBay business. And my abs are getting kindof ripped...
Current Bane of my Existence: Idleness, blonde dog hair on dark hardwood floors, & fruit flies.
Current Goal: Climb Mt. Shasta next month
Current Blessings: The clearheaded and patient wisdom of Erin; and this blog, that helps remind me that the patterns of my life, including my discontent, are features of the fabric of my personal story.
Current Excitement: Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment