Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stories

I've been thinking a lot about stories... the stories that we build over time without being aware that we're creating them. What if I detached myself from the personal story I've been creating for years - what that would mean?

Stories are expectations. They can be current and deliberate, or they can be a product of many many years of life. They can be residual from childhood, they can stem from a particular experience - the only thing they have in common is that there are no rules or parameter for the stories. They are as varied as the people who create them.


How will I accomplish anything in this life if I don't live up to my own expectations - if my story doesn't come true?

A better question is perhaps, How will I accomplish anything in this life if I am wallowing in self-pity and regret that my story isn't playing out how I want it to?

My goal is to recognize my story for what it is: an expectation of myself that is preventing me from being happy. My story has no relevance anymore. No one is judging me, and if they are I shouldn't care.


My new story isn't a story at all. It's a promise to myself that I will love myself, and that a beautiful story will unfold before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment