Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fern Canyon Hike

Yesterday we did a beautiful hike through Van Damme State Park.  I've been meaning to run the upper loop of this trail for ages, and my seester finally got us out!  She was carrying a 40 pound pack in preparation for her Na'Pali Coast Hike in a couple weeks, and I almost felt bad for her... but not quite. 

The trail is called Fern Canyon, and is aptly named.  We started at the top of the 4 miles loop and hiked down a winding single-track, crossed a creek, and began the steep ascent to the top along an old logging road.  Four miles in just under 1.5 hours.

It was just what these legs needed.


One of my monthly goals is to stick to my long run schedule.  I'm getting nervous about this one - seems like between a 5 hr. round trip + superbowl on Sunday I'll have to fit it in Saturday (tomorrow!) or Monday.

1 comment:

  1. your pictures are gorgeous! hope you got your LR in!

    ReplyDelete