Thursday, January 19, 2012

Run Through the Colors!

This race report is two months tardy.  That's pretty tardy.  But onward....

E and I traveled to the beautiful town of Nevada City in the sierra foothills at the end of October with plans for me to join my sister in the Sierra Club's Run Through the Colors 10k and 5k.

photo credit onthenarrowroad.com

The colors weren't quite as spectacular as in the photo above, but you get the sense that the race is well named nonetheless.  The course was beautiful and hilly.  The air was crisp and chilly.  The breakfast afterwards at Ike's Quarter Cafe was to die for.

We didn't get a lot of awesome photos from the race, but the pre-race photos are out of this world (?).  Apparently, I think I am way too cool for school.  And my sister.




The line-up
I placed third in my Age Group - first placing ever!  No medals, but the wonderful mountain scenery, challenging hilly course, and delicious "Plain Jane" breakfast special and multiple cups of coffee afterwards were all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment